Latch is now taking applications for a number of one bed homes that will be available to let between the end of February and the end of March. These are:
- One bed house in Burley. Not suitable as a first tenancy.
- One bed houses in Harehills. For young people aged 18-25 years.
- One bed flats in Chapeltown.
If you are interested in applying for one, please go to our Applying to Latch page. We will accept applications until 28 February.
If you want to apply for a two or three bed property you can apply at any time and we will add you to the waiting list.
We encourage people who are looking for housing to take the following action:
- Present yourself at Housing Options, 2 Great George Street, LS2 8BA if you are homeless, in need of emergency accommodation, further housing information or to register with Leeds City Council for housing
- Contact Housing Associations and Private Landlords
- If you’re aged 16-24 you can contact Flagship Leeds about housing
- If you’re at risk of becoming homeless or need help with your tenancy you can contact Engage Leeds, a city-wide visiting housing support service
Leah & Jamie’s story
Leah had experienced many years of physical and mental abuse from her husband and was referred to Latch from Leeds Women’s Aid. Leah wanted a safe home and a fresh start for her five year old son, Jamie.
Following a successful support assessment Leah and Jamie are now housed in one of our fully furnished homes. This summer, both Leah and Jamie thoroughly enjoyed a sunny day out with Latch in Scarborough. Leah is working really well with her support worker on building confidence, budgeting, managing her mental health and accessing family support for Jamie. Now they have a place to call home they can start to look forward to life again.