Latch tenants can report a repair by phoning the office or calling in on weekdays between 9:30am and 5pm (4pm on Fridays).
Staff will take a brief description of the repair.
You will be told if the repair is classed as a ‘Priority 1’ or ‘Priority 2’ repair.
The repair will be passed on to a member of the Property Management team who will then contact you as soon as possible to make arrangements to visit.
Priority 1 Emergency Repairs.
There is a danger to people or property including:
- Burst pipes or blocked drains causing flood to property or surroundings
- Gas problems, including no heating or hot water
- Electrical problems
- Home security problems, such as broken windows or external door, faulty door or window locks
We will aim to have the repair inspected and made safe within 24 hours.
Priority 2 Repairs
There is no danger to people or property including:
- Decorating requests
- Broken furnishings e.g. chairs, beds, wardrobes, drawers, curtains and rails
- Damage to kitchen units and floorings including replacement requests
- Damage to walls e.g. holes and cracks, skirting boards and architraves
- Grounds work e.g. gardens, fencing and gates
A member of the Property Management team will contact you within 2 working days to discuss when the work will be done.
Emergency Out of Hours Repairs
All out of hours emergencies (weekdays between 5 pm and 9 am and weekends) should be reported to The Building Maintenance Company on 0845 901 0150 or email the BMC help desk firstname.lastname@example.org.
The out of hours number for Latch tenants in Connect properties is 08450 531 324 for all Emergency Repairs including gas, heating and hot water.