Turn a house into a home
Have you got some skills or experience in construction and are you aiming to get back to work?
Train with the Latch refurbishment team and you’ll get on-the-job training in a range of areas. Depending on when you join the project, this could include joinery, kitchen and bathroom fitting, insulating, plastering and more.
Being a part of our friendly team is a great way to gain work experience and confidence. Whether you already have tons of experience or you’re just starting out, turning run-down empty houses into quality homes will give you a real sense of satisfaction.
We can even help you get your CSCS card, so it’s definitely worth doing!
What’s does Latch offer?
- One day per week on site (this could increase in the right circumstances) learning practical construction skills and gaining valuable work experience.
- PPE (safety boots, overalls etc), travel and meal expenses provided.
- A friendly and supportive placement.
- Support to gain your CSCS card and possibly training in health and safety, first aid and more.
- Support and guidance to move on to a job, apprenticeship or further training in construction.
- A reference if the placement is successful.
Who are we looking for?
People can apply if they:
- Have previously undertaken some construction training (at any level) and are looking for work experience to help find a job. Or you have worked in construction or a similar job in the past (whether in a skilled or unskilled role), or have lots of DIY/informal experience.
- Live in Leeds.
- Have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Can commit to attending on a regular day every week between the hours of 9.30am and 4pm.
- Can make your own way to site (travel expenses provided).
- Speak English well enough to understand instructions and information on site.
You can read our case studies about people we’ve helped to start a positive new future through traineeships and tenancies here.
How to apply
Simply click the link on the right hand side of this page to complete our online application form.