Latch aims to provide tenants with a high quality repairs service when something needs repairing or replacing.
How to Report a Repair
You can report a repair by phoning or visiting the office during our normal working hours on 0113 2374482.
We will take a brief description of the repair so that we can arrange for the repair to be completed efficiently and conveniently.
Emergency Out of Hours Repairs
For Latch tenants in Latch properties contact Woods Building Maintenance on 0113 4571098
For Latch tenants in Connect properties call 0113 3861069
What repairs are you responsible for?
- Replacing lost keys
- Clearing minor blockages to drains and sinks
- Any fixture or appliance supplied by you
- Repairing any damage caused by installing or removing own fixtures and fittings
- Broken or damaged glazing (unless caused by criminal activity)
- Replacement of light bulbs, fluorescent strips and fuses in appliances (with the exception of sealed units in the bathroom)
- Bleeding radiators
- Other obligations as detailed in the Tenancy Agreement
Priority 1 Emergency Repairs
We will aim to have the repair made safe within 4 hours and for the repair to be completed within 24 hours.
An emergency is a repair which threatens your Health & Safety or security or could cause significant damage to your home.
Some examples of emergency repairs include:
- Total loss of water or burst water main
- Leaking water or heating pipe, tank or cistern that cannot be contained
- Flooding or severe storm damage
- Total loss of electrical supply or unsafe electrical fittings
- Breaches of security to external ground floor doors and windows
- Gas leak or blocked flue
- Blocked main drains, soil pipe or sole toilet
- Loss of heating – subject to time of year (Oct to end of April only)
- Loss of hot water for vulnerable residents
- Fire damage
- Door entry system failure
- Loose or detached bannister or handrail
- Severe roof leak
- Loss of keys if only one access to property – may be rechargeable
Can you smell gas?
If you suspect a gas or carbon monoxide leak call the National Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999 immediately. Open all doors and windows and turn the gas off at the meter where practicable. Do not use naked flames or electrical switches, including light switches.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless gas which is produced by faulty appliances that can be fatal. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, tiredness and confusion, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. If you experience these symptoms then open your windows and doors and seek medical advice.
You must also report this to Latch so that we can take further action on any remedial repairs that may be required.
For further advice and practical steps to follow in the event of a leak visit Gas Safe Register
Priority 2 Repairs
We aim to complete non-emergency repairs within 28 calendar days of reporting. We will also offer you a morning or afternoon appointment at the time of reporting the repair or a member of the Property Management Team will contact you within 2 working days to discuss when the work will be done.