- James HartleyCEO
James originally trained as a bricklayer and is experienced in all areas of construction. He joined Latch in 1998 and has worked in a number of roles, undertaking a wide range and duties during this time: support work, volunteer management, repairs and maintenance, fundraising, financial management etc. His current role is Chief Executive Officer which he became in 2011. This involves the development and implementation of Latch’s strategic objectives and overseeing the operational delivery of Latch’s services. The principal service areas are, the provision of a housing and support to homeless people, the refurbishment of long term empty properties and the delivery of training and volunteering programs for young people. The current strategic focus is on the development of new properties to create additional homes for Latch tenants. This involves the obtaining of finance from a range of sources and property refurbishment project planning. James is a trustee for Newground Together and Leeds Community Homes.
- Adrian SteeleFinance Manager
Adrian joined Latch in January 2022 as Finance Manager and brought with him over 35 years of experience from a variety of backgrounds. As Finance Manager Adrian oversees all aspect of finances from managing rental and grant income, processing of invoices, the producing management accounts, budgets and report and he also oversees the preparations for the annual audit.
He spent the majority of his early career in manufacturing, before moving into construction and has then been in the charity sector, mainly working for Christian charities, for most of the last 15 years, working in Kent & London before relocating to Bradford in 2020.
- David PittsProperty Services Manager
David is a qualified Joiner/Carpenter and is also experienced in all aspects of property maintenance. He joined Latch in September 2010 as a Property Services Worker, being part of a small team, undertaking day to day repairs, void and refurbishment works.
His role changed in January 2020 to Property Services Manager. His role now involves managing the property services team, overseeing the responsive repairs, voids and compliance and the moving in of new tenants into Latch properties.
David also gets involved in purchasing of new properties for Latch and Connect Housing to develop the properties into family homes.
- Sue BurgessBusiness Support Manager
“ I’m the Business Support Manager for Latch, which means I make sure everything that goes on in the background runs smoothly. I’ve worked all over the world, doing things as varied as banking, running a travel agency in Germany, running a restaurant and bar in the Canaries, and most importantly, many years supporting and helping small businesses to grow and thrive, whether as part of a Local Authority team, or as a business consultant. I have two grown up children, six grandchildren and my dog Tillie, who between them keep me very busy in my spare time!”
- Simone StapletonHousing Support Manager
Hi, I’m Simone.
I have worked in Supported Housing for over 20 years previously working at Ladybeck Hostel and Bracken Court.
I have worked for Latch in various roles including Housing Support Worker, Rents and Tenancies Worker and my current role as Supported Housing Manager. I have seen Latch grow into the successful organisation it is today including its growth in both staff and properties. I feel proud to work for such a great organisation and to work with an amazing group of people.
- Ruth FrostFundraising Manager
Ruth is the Fundraising Manager for LATCH, she came from over 5 years as Partnerships Manager at national not for profit campaign to encourage and support women into Science, Engineering, Construction and Manufacturing jobs, where she worked with multinational companies on their Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies.
Ruth has had a varied career before that working in digital marketing, importing and hospitality. She is interested in social mobility and the built environment and outside of work is a Trustee of Bradford Civic Society.
Property Development Team
Property Services Team
- Mark GouldenProperty Services Worker
- Dan OnyettRefurbishment & Training Worker
- Andrea Munoz – SmallProperty Services Worker
- Randolph MortonRefurbishment & Training Worker
- Ryan JeffersProperty Refurbishment Trainee
- Ken JonesProperty Services Worker
- Stephen SmithProperty Services Worker
Supported Housing Team
- Satta KoromaHousing Support Worker
- Natasha AhmedHousing Support Worker
- Mark StaintonPersonal Coach
- Jon TaylorHousing Support Worker
- Michelle WalkerHousing Support Worker
- Angela RobertsRents and Tenancies Worker
- Ashe RussellAdministrator
- David Campbell
- David Campbell is a Chartered Surveyor and has worked in the property and construction industry for over 40 years. He has wide ranging experience in property development, project management and maintenance, with major clients in the UK and across the world ranging from universities and colleges, HM Prison service, military establishments and local government in the UK to British Embassies and large corporate clients in many other countries, having also been called upon as expert witness on occasion.
- Stephen BoyleChair
- Stephen Boyle is the Chair of the Board. He is now retired and has been involved in Regeneration and Project Development throughout his career and has worked in Liverpool, Manchester and London and most recently for Leeds City Council as Chief Regeneration Officer, (he retired from this post in April 2013). He has detailed knowledge of community regeneration, fundraising and project delivery and monitoring.
- Maggie Gjessing
- Maggie Gjessing is Director of Regeneration for Home Group with responsibility for regeneration, specialist and supported housing delivery and asset planning, she was formerly Head of Housing Growth at Leeds City Council having worked for the authority since 2000. She has approx. 30 years’ experience in housing and regeneration gained in the local authority and housing association sectors with a track record of delivering large capital programmes of new build, major repair and refurbishment programmes in addition to housing management experience. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Housing and an Associate Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- Kat DoneganVice Chair
- Kat Donegan is Vice Chair. She joined us in 2006 and is Associate Director of Business Development & Growth at One Medical Group. Previously she was Business Development Lead at HCRG Care Group, Relate and Shelter, the homelessness and housing advice charity, with a remit to design, implement and source funding for innovative, quality services for those who are (or at risk of) homelessness. She has 10 years’ experience in the not-for-profit housing sector, including operational management roles with housing associations, local authority and supported housing.
- David ClarkeTreasurer
David was previously employed as Relationship Director in Commercial and Private
Banking for NatWest Bank. Over 35 years’ experience of supporting and helping a
range of customers including, not for profit, social enterprises, PLCs and private family
companies and operating in various sectors of the economy. Track record of delivering
successful funding for major capital investment, mergers and acquisitions, expansion
plans and refinancing existing arrangements. Previously with NAB & their UK subsidiary
Yorkshire Bank for 12 years where roles included 2 years as senior credit controller and
15 years with Standard Chartered Bank.
- Nic Crocker
- Nic Crocker is a qualified solicitor, now retired, and was a partner in large national and international firms of solicitors. Having been a founding partner of the commercial services division of DWF in Leeds, he was National Head of Real Estate at DWF for 6 years, during which time the real estate business quintupled in size, and subsequently Head of its Leeds office. Prior to that he was a partner at Eversheds for 10 years and Hammonds [now called Squire Patton Boggs] for 8 years. Nic lives in Leeds and plays Masters hockey having represented Yorkshire and North of England, and England in the 2023 European Championships.
- Dennis Bernard
LATCH Committee member
Dennis has been on the management committee for over 20 years. He is a local
businessman and currently manages an early year’s scheme providing pre and
after school care and support to young people. He also manages a steel fabrication
business and is involved in running activities for young people within the local
- Sue BurgessCompany Secretary
- Keith Gibson
- Keith Gibson is a former member of the Charted Institution of Environmental Health, he retired in 2011 from the position of Environmental Health Manager at Leeds City Council. He has 40 years of experience working in local government, in the main involved in area regeneration and private sector housing renewal, but also latterly managing teams dealing with food safety, health and safety, environmental sustainability and pollution control. In retirement he has served as a trustee on three local third sector organisations and is still active in promoting environment health and housing issues.
- Samia Hussain
LATCH Committee member.
Samia Hussain is Associate Director of HR for Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust, with strategic responsibility for the delivery of a quality, comprehensive and customer focussed professional HR service. Having previously worked for Leeds City Council, Craven District Council, Penny Appeal and as a Non-Executive Director within the Education Sector, Samia has extensive HR, operational management and board level experience. Samia is a Chartered Member of the Corporate Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Manjeet Gahir
LATCH Committee member
Manjeet works as a maintenance Surveyor currently working for a national housing
provider covering the Central North Yorkshire region overseeing the associations
reactive repairs and voids service for around 1100 properties. Manjeet has over 18
years of front line and management experience within the housing and construction
industry and has worked for a number of local registered landlords. Manjeet achieved
a BSc (Hons) degree in Project Management from the University of Leeds, graduating
in 2002 and is also a qualified Domestic Energy and Legionella Risk Assessor.